Since 1953, St. Frances Cabrini has been the Catholic School of choice for the Joint Base Lewis McChord (JBLM) community. We provide a warm, nurturing environment for our military families who face unique circumstances, including frequent moves, constant changing of academic environments and peer acceptance.
- School Ambassador Program – New families are paired with a “buddy family” to help them transition to the school during their first year.
- Teachers are skilled at helping students be successful at school while a parent is deployed.
- The over 8,000 Catholic Schools in the United States have a similar curriculum which provides continuity for military families when there is much in their lives that is uncertain.
- Proximity to JBLM – Conveniently located off I-5 exit 125.
- Small school size allows students to quickly become part of the school community.
- The rich life experience of military children enhances the education of all our students.
- Carpools available from JBLM.
- St. Frances Cabrini School has a long-standing relationship with JBLM. Recent field trips to the base have included the opportunity to participate in a “Combat Mass” led by the Catholic Chaplain, eat in the dining facility, and be briefed by the I Corps Commanding General. A highlight for the Cross-Country Team each year is participating in Army Physical Fitness Training led by soldiers. The school also gives back to the military community though various service projects throughout the year.
The principal of St. Frances Cabrini School, Ms. Monica Davis, is available by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to address any questions you have about the school. Our principal is very familiar with the needs of military families, including mid-year transfers and support during deployments.
Hear what our military families are saying…
“I learned about St. Frances Cabrini when I was stationed on the east coast. Many military families told me to check out St. Frances Cabrini.”A Cabrini military parent
“My first day of school was amazing. One of the students took me under his wing and introduced me to each kid as he came into the classroom.”A new Cabrini military student
“Mom, the principal knows the name of every single student.”A Cabrini military student
Helpful Military Family Resources Links
- JBLM Roman Catholic Service
- Fort Lewis Protestant Women of the Chapel (PWOC)
- Religious services JBLM