SFC School Commission
The School Commission is established by the pastor/priest Administrator, in accord with Archdiocesan policy, to advise him and the principal in policy development and long range planning for the school. The Commission is an advisory body to the pastor/priest administrator and principal in the formulation of local policies affecting the parish school. The principal functions as the Commission's executive officer.
The overall purpose of the Commission is to advise and support the pastor/priest administrator and principal in the operation of the parish school. The Commission may be responsible for the following:
- Assessing the needs of the school community.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of the school in performing its education and formational missions.
- Recommending policies and conducting strategic planning for school operations.
- Collaborating with the pastor/priest administrator and principal in educating the parish as a whole about the importance of the school, while building a sense of connection with the overall parish mission.
- Collaborating with the pastor/priest administrator and principal in educating other parishes about the school's mission.
- Working collaboratively with the pastoral council and other consultative bodies.
Members are selected through a discernment process for three year terms. This process occurs each May. If you are interested in joining the School Commission you may contact one of the members listed above. Their phone numbers are on the front of the family directory.
Parents and Parishioners are always welcome to visit Commission meetings. Meeting dates/times are noted on the school calendar. Prospective speakers with specific concerns are requested to submit their request to the chairperson at least ten days prior to the meeting.
Meet the Members of the School Commission
Principal: Ian Home
Chairperson: Drew Gonzalez
Vice-Chairperson: Monica Wootan LeJeune
Parent Club Liaison: Rose Vlad
Development Liaison: Joanne Lott
John KaiserJan Sharp