- Serving children from PreKindergarten through grade 8
- Meets all requirements of the State of Washington and all teachers are certified and qualified.
- Textbooks and instructional materials are up to date.
- Technology is integrated with the content studies of each grade.
- Enrichment provided through music, 4th-8th band, public speaking, and sports programs.
- Junior high electives include aerobics, math enrichment, creative arts; science and computer lab available.
- Art, music, physical education, technology are taught in PK-8 and technology in grades 1-8.
- Religion is taught daily and integrated each day through prayer, service to others, and weekly Mass.
- SFC is approved by the Archdiocese of Seattle and the State of Washington and is a member of the National Catholic Education Association, the Washington Federation of Independent Schools, and is accredited by the Northwest Association of Accredited Schools and the Western Catholic Educational Association.
- 240 students
- Ethnically diverse, varied religious backgrounds and multiple economic levels
Parents: Our Partners
- Partner with staff in the holistic education program SFC provides
- Many parents assist teachers and staff during the school day.
- All parents assist in fundraisers (auction, raffle, Annual Giving Campaign, pizza sales, etc.).
- Active Parents' Club (to which all parents belong) and School Commission (our school's advisory body)
- Model the values taught by the school
- Teachers and Principal are always available to parents and encourage communication regarding each child's education progress.
- All teachers are State certified; several have their master's degree
- Principal has MA in administration and curriculum, and many years of experience
- Support staff includes technology, music, physical education, library, development, extended care, and reading specialist.
- Before and after school child care program
- Small class sizes in the middle-school grades provide opportunities to grow in learning and leadership
- PreK (4-5 year-olds): AM and PM half-day sessions of 12-15 children per session
- Kindergarten (5-6 year-olds) is a full-day program.
- Yearly achievement tests scores place SFC students in the top 20% of nation
- Family-like environment; older children learn responsibility through mentoring and as “buddies” for younger ones.