Welcome to the Middle School Department
Grades 6, 7, and 8 are departmentalized into a seven-period school day from 8:25am to 3pm daily. The students have several teachers over the course of their curriculum:
- Mr. McCarthy is the 8th Grade homeroom teacher. He also teaches 6th, 7th, and 8th grade math and 6th, 7th, and 8th grade science.
- The 7th Grade homeroom teacher is Mrs. White. She teaches 7th grade Religion, 6th, 7th and 8th grade History, and 8th grade Literature.
- Miss Larson is the 6th Grade homeroom teacher. She teaches 6th grade Religion, 6th, 7th, and 8th grade Language Arts, 6th and 7th grade Literature, and 8th Grade Leadership. Miss Larson also directs the choir and is the Student Council advisor.
- Mrs. Holroyd teaches 8th grade Religion, 6th, 7th, and 8th grade Health, and PK-8 Physical Education.
Enrichments: Students rotate through the following activities (with the exception of Band, which is a year-long program)
- Math & Art / Math Lab
8th Grade Leadership
Part of our focus is to develop a missionary spirit within our students. Therefore, the middle schoolers participate in service projects that relate to Catholic Social Teaching. As a whole, the school, led by our Middle School Student Council, joins together in a special service project that varies dependent on the needs of our global and local community every school year.
Middle School Highlights
- Student Council (Executive Council and Class Reps)
- Student-led mass
- Safety Patrol
- Liturgical Choir
- Office Assistants
- Camp OSPREY (Environmental Education)
- St. Martin's University
- Point Defiance Zoo and Fort Nisqually
- Sacred Spaces (Seattle) / State Capital (rotating every other year)
On-campus After-school Activities
- Running Club